Sunday, May 17, 2009

too. life. fast. going. is.

Moving on with the cruse set on 55mph.
Because that is the speed limit. And the state troopers' lair is on my exit.



These are my friends :)
(Justin, Seth, Kelsey, Brent, Shane, Meagan, Todd and me)

We spent many an evening after watching The Office and playing cards. Whether it be nerts, poker, apples to apples, bananagrams (not cards) or just standing around talking- it was always one of the best parts of my week. The girls made countless desserts, we had many dinners (some pot luck, some not), we had grilled burgers (thanks to the guys) and a few special dinners (kebabs). We played softball, volleyball, basketball, and of course ping pong.

This year of interning has been one of the best years in my life. All the interns have grown so close. But it has to come to an end sometime. We have to move on. We have to grow up. We all knew the day in May would come... but none of us wanted it to come. I started early then ended early but still was at Southeast Christian Church for 14 months. I was able to grow close to my mission team as well as the interns. We are all around the same age and in similar early stages of adulthood. Being in these situations, we've grown into family.

As I start my 4th week at my new, real, official, adult job tomorrow... I think of how fast our lives are going by. The weeks and months are starting to pick up speed! I love my job for multiple reasons, one of which that it's close enough to Louisville that I can keep up my friendships I've worked on for a year and a half. (I'll talk about my new job soon... but this time I'm just thinking back.) The switch over to Southern Indiana from Louisville could be easier if there was a clean break from the life I had before. It would be easier to get connected with new friends. But, I'm glad I don't have to cut connections! I'm blessed to have such a great group of friends and interns and "family" that I can carry over into another state!

This group of friends will always be like family to me. We got through a softball team, a few new card/tile games, an Office season, who knows how many ping pong balls, a wonderful trip across the ocean to Ethiopia, a few too many "that's what she said" jokes, and an amazing year full of memories. I know we've all learned so much and grown so much. I can't really put it all into words how much they all mean to me. Love is a word to just to begin to describe these friends.

But I don't want to end this part of the chapter...

No comments: